Sunday, February 24, 2008

Today's baking project


Yesterday we made cinnamon rolls and today we made chocolate chip cookies! Ellie's favorite teacher, Miss Doreen, had a birthday this weekend so we wanted to make a special treat for snack time at school tomorrow. For Ellie's grandma in California - we'll make you these when we visit. They are much better than the cinnamon rolls and you'll never believe that they're egg and dairy free! As hard as Ellie's food allergies can be, we are very lucky to live in a time when she has so many options. Two years ago, I never would have known that all of these products existed!

Ellie got the batter out of every crevice in the beater

And when the beater was done, she moved on to the spoon. When the cookies were actually done, she ate two bites and said she was full!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as good as the cookies look, I stll rather have the rolls....I'm not much of a cookie eater!!!!! I do like banana cookes...sofe ones.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy making cookies as much as eating them. I love raw dough... looks like I have a partner in crime!

:-p

(And, yes, I shoot extra insulin)