Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ellie's thoughts on the new baby

We've been trying to talk about the baby as much as possible to get Ellie used to this new idea. She seems to understand it more than I thought she would for 27 months old. She asks about the baby a lot, kisses my belly, tells us everything that she's going to do when the baby's born (snuggle, feed bottle, change diaper, etc.), and is insisting that the baby sleep with her.

Yesterday while we were at Babies R Us picking up a gift, I looked at the double strollers. I put Ellie in each of them to see how she would fit and we talked about where the new baby would sit. We had planned to get one where Ellie sits in the front and the baby is in the back. She however has very different ideas about the stroller! She was upset when I told her where the baby would sit and kept saying, "No baby back! Baby next to Ellie!". She's a smart one, our girl!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe that you had such a good understanding of what was happening and going to happen when Tesia was born. She is truly brilliant! Maybe she will grow up to be a doctor!! Whatever she does, we will always be so proud of her.

johnna said...

This beautiful, bright child seems to know more at 27 months than I did at 27 years!
;-)

Four peas in a pod said...

I think I will be able to help her out with math until about the 3rd grade!

-lpc