Sunday, February 24, 2008

22 weeks (almost!)


We are almost 22 weeks! I had another ultrasound on Wednesday to follow-up on the heart views they weren't able to get last time. The baby wasn't cooperating again and was in what the sonographer described as the worst possible position to view the heart. She's a trouble maker already! The ultrasound, which was expected to last 5-10 minutes, ended up taking 45 minutes, but they were able to get more views and felt that everything looked fine. I don't have to go back now for another month.

What I've noticed most is how different this pregnancy is than with Ellie. I'm much bigger than I was with Ellie and this baby moves around what seems like all the time (or at least much more than Ellie did). I also am still nauseous for most of the day. I am still taking the medication for the nausea so that I can function during the day, but I've been trying some other things that seem to help a little too. My OB recommended vitamin B6 a few times a day which takes a little bit of the carsick feeling away. I also saw a chiropractor last week and although I don't think it significantly helped with the morning sickness, it definitely helped with some of the general aches and pains that come with pregnancy so I'm going back next week.

Ellie has already proven herself to be a great big sister! We talk about the baby a lot and as my belly gets bigger, she's more interested in what's going on in there. The baby kicked her hand once so now she loves to put her hand on my belly and say that she felt the baby. She also lays her head on my belly and kisses it. Whenever we ask Ellie about our baby, she corrects us by saying "MY sister", with a big emphasis on the my! I wonder what she thinks about this baby who is taking an awfully long time to come out!


3 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

Jana, you look so beautiful! I can't believe how much you have changed since we saw you! I love the pic with you and Ellie! She is going to be such a great big sister! Sounds like this one might be a bit more active!!

Anonymous said...

Having a sister is one of the best things that can happen to a person. I am sure that Ellie and her sister will have a wonderful relationship - maybe they already do!!!

Jess(ica) said...

That is so cute how she is already claiming ownership over her sister! Hopefully this is just the beginning of a great bond they will share =)