Monday, February 4, 2008

Compliment

(By JPC)

Ellie almost always notices when we have on new clothes or something that she hasn't seen us wear in a long time. She usually points at it and says, "Neeeeewwwwww!", which is what she did this morning when she saw me wearing a new maternity shirt from the clearance rack at Target (very nice for $5!). She must have forgotten though because when we came home this afternoon, she was surprised when I took off my coat. She inhaled sharply and said, "Ahhhhh, mama cute!". Such a nice thing to hear when you have a rapidly expanding waist line and constant nausea!



The fashion plate herself wearing Mrs. Potato Head's glasses

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice that she actually sees you as a person and not a commodity any more? Ah. daughters!!!!

3dingsandadog said...

I can wait to see what she thinks of getting a new "baby" sister or brother!

Anonymous said...

I liked the story of her telling you to hang up your coat!!! Maybe there is still hope for you Lori!!! Keep it up Ellie....

christianne said...

Hi 3 Peas -- thanks for stopping by my blog today. You gave me a lot to think about! (I went running at the mouth in response, if you want to check back and share more thoughts in return.)

It's fun seeing all your family pictures. Your little Ellie is a cutie. :)

And you both are in cancer research? That's amazing. Thank you for contributing to the betterment of the world we share in this way.