Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ellie's "baby sista" is having a BIRTHDAY today

Well, today is the day!

Jana had an ultrasound done yesterday because they suspected the baby was very large.

She is.

At this point they say she is 9lbs, 11 oz. Give or take. Jana also has a bit more amniotic fluid than average which puts her at risk for hemorrhage - hence a scheduled C-section for today at around noon.

We have a short list of about 3 names for the baby. We will decide after she is born, depending on what name fits her! We might have to add "Bertha" to the list. :-)

Jana's parents spent the night last night. They are ready to help with Ellie.

That brings me to Ellie. When we told her that her baby sister was going to come tomorrow (today), she got quiet - her mood become sullen, kinda a mix between mad and sad. I asked her if she was excited that the baby was coming. She remained silent. Pouty. We asked her if she wanted her baby sister to stay inside mama, she said, "yes".

:-0

It is happening already!

Mama read to her and rocked her last night. I then popped in to sing to her our special song "you are my sunshine".

We reassured her as much as you can reassure a toddler. Last night she woke up shouting, "I want mommy! I want mommy!". I put her in bed with us, where upon she woke up very grouchy. Mad even. It makes me wonder if she had a dream about baby sister coming home!

Sigh.

So, we are ready, well we hope we are ready, for the big transition! We are all excited about our new one arriving today (well, except for ellie, perhaps). I can hardly wait to meet her.

Ellie doesn't know it yet, and she may not know it for a while, but today, I think her life-long best friend is about to enter the world.

Please say a prayer for Jana. She really didn't want to have a c-section and this extra fluid thing is a little bothersome.

Pictures soon.......

Love,

4 peas in a pod

39 weeks and headed to the hospital!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for Jana and the soon to be new baby....waiting for your phone call....I passed the word around yesterday to the family..will let them know when you call.......

3dingsandadog said...

All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers today. Can't wait to see a picture!

not2brightGRAM said...

Thinking of you here too!

"life-long best friend" has a good ring. Let us hope for that for them.

Love you!

Jess(ica) said...

"Life-long best friend" choked me up a little; that is so sweet and true!

Congratulations on the new little girl! I heard from my mom that she was born!!!

Love you guys! Can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

So happy for all of you !!! I like the name you choose. Can't wait to see pictures of Audrey. How long will Jana be in the Hospital ? Anxious to talk to you. Your mother is keeping me posted but she has too many gee, I didn't think to ask answers !!!!!!

not2brightGRAM said...

Congratulations! I LOVE her name!

Love you, your big sis

Ann said...

Congratulations!
Glad I decided to check the blog for an update!
Hope to see pictures soon