Saturday, September 22, 2007

A busy morning for Ellie

It's only 2 pm and we've already had quite an exciting and busy day! After a very good night of sleep (despite Ellie sharing a room with me last night), Ellie woke up early and ready to go. First we went to an amazing county park near Mimi and Boppa's house. It has several age-specific playgrounds, a carousel, a zoo, and a train! Ellie had such a good time and was thrilled to see monkeys for the first time. Afterwards we had lunch at Chili's. They have separate menus for food allergies, which I greatly appreciate. Now it's raining and Ellie is taking her nap with Boppa.

Ellie and Mama ready to ride the rails!


All aboard!


Ellie taking in the sights from the train

Ellie's first trip to the zoo!
She was very excited about the monkeys, who were unfortunately still sleeping.


Checking out all the animals with Mimi and Boppa


A condor showing off his huge wingspan


Ready to ride the carousel




Ellie riding a rooster and Mimi riding a horse, with Mama standing in the middle to make sure that neither fell off!


Ellie had lots of fun at the playground. Here she's crawling through a tunnel, but most of her time was spent on the slide and the swing.


Sucking on a lemon at lunch - she loves it!


We had a great morning, but we wish Mommy was there to enjoy all of this with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful day together, but really missed Mommy! Hurry home soon!

Anonymous said...

It's killing me, I tell you! I want so much to see all the pictures and to hear her voice, but then when I do, it is SO hard to be away from her!

However, I am having a great time with my wonderful neice Kyleigh. I found out today just how talented she is at Soccer!

Gotta run!