Friday, August 15, 2008

Lymphoma update




Tuesday I had my blood drawn so that I would have the results in time for my oncology appointment today. At a follow up visit the things they are looking for are, of course, abnormal blood counts, and what they call "B symptoms", which are fevers, night sweats, weight loss (if only). Well, I knew I was okay with the B symptoms, but I didn't know how the labs would turn out.


Uneventful.

Everything looked pretty normal. My enlarged nodes had not increased. I'm not even anemic, which most of my life I have been. So there it is. Another 3 months of glorious denial. Another 3 months to forget about this crap called cancer. Another 3 months to prepare Ellie for the 2020 olympics.


Next appt is November 14th.

8 comments:

3dingsandadog said...

Thank goodness...now you can go back to focusing on your 2 beautiful kids :)

Jess(ica) said...

I agree with Barb... =) Love you!

not2brightGRAM said...

Thank goodness for boring doctor visits. =D

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! Now try to forget all about it until the next visit. Enjoy the many, many blessings you have - a happy family, the love of so many people, in fact, I suspect you now have everything you ever dreamed of. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the good report...will be praying that the next visit will be as good..love ya

Anonymous said...

That is far from "uneventful"! The news is fabulous. Now you can dance and live it up when I see you in 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

What wonderfully happy news at such a glorious time of life!
Are you going to rock Tesia and Ty's reception or what?

johnna said...

Great news!
Love ya,
Dad