Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reality check

Toddlers can be brutally honest....

I gained more than 30 pounds when I was pregnant with Audrey. By the time she was 3 weeks old I had lost 30 of those pounds and was feeling pretty good about my post-baby body, until I had the following conversation with Ellie...

Ellie: (pulling up my shirt and putting her hand on my belly) There's no baby in there!

Me: That's right! Where's that baby now?

Ellie: In the bassinet!

Me: That's right! Audrey used to be in my belly, but the doctor helped her come out and now she's here with us.

Ellie: (after a pause) Why you still got a big belly?

Ahhhhh, honesty. At least she didn't ask about the stretch marks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! Don't doubt that for a moment! You dropped that baby weight so fast.

Four peas in a pod said...

That is so stinking funny!!

Despite that, really, you look fantastic, J! You have taken really good care of yourself and the baby.

-mommy