Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Audrey's first pediatrician appointment

We got good news at Audrey's pediatrician appointment this afternoon - she has gained weight and surpassed her birth weight! In the hospital there had been some concern about her weight loss, but she now weighs in at 9 lbs 10 oz. Because of this weight gain, we don't have to wake her up to feed her anymore - yay! In fact, our pediatrician, who we love, told me that if I did wake Audrey up to feed her, I should call a psychiatrist :-) In addition to her weight, everything else looked good and we don't go back until she's two months old. That's the appointment I dread - the first set of vaccinations.

Today also started Ellie's new routine at school. Instead of four days a week, Ellie will be in school just two days a week until I go back to work in October. This was her first day home and lucky for us, Mimi was here to help manage all three of us! I'm doing really well in recovering fro, the C-section, but I still have a hard time doing certain things (like bending over) and I'm not allowed to pick up Ellie. This was the first outing for both Audrey and me since coming home and I think it exhausted us both!


Strong girl lifting up her head to see her Mimi

Ellie and Audrey playing together


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear she is doing so well...and let her sleep....!!!! cute pictures.....

johnna said...

What a big, beautiful girl. I'm happy all is OK.
'love the pictures~

Anonymous said...

How blessed are we all to have two such beautiful and healthy girls!

Jess(ica) said...

How much sleep can you get at night now that you don't have to wake up for middle-of-the-night feedings? That is great news!