Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cold

Remember how I've said many times how much we love Fall? Well, the novelty of this new season has worn off for me. I had forgotten how painful it is to be woken up at 6 am on the weekend by my daughter yelling over the baby monitor, "Mommy, up, oatmeal!" when the house is so cold!! Sometimes it's just too hard to get out of our warm cozy bed. And the worst part of all? Fall is followed by winter when it's going to be REALLY cold when I hear that call in the morning!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but last year she couldn't say, "Mommy, up, oatmeal". It was just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

not2brightGRAM said...

Ahhh-h-h-h-h, I can only vaguely recall those long-ago days. ;-)

And, I guess there's something to be said for having babies in California!

I was fortunate. My kids all slept in until 8 or 9, even at Ellie's age.

Anonymous said...

you just have to start telling her that on week-end, she can sleep in...maybe you can try to keep her up LATE.. (like..say 7pm) !!!! or how about having her have breakfast in bed...just leave something in her bed so she can wake up and help herself...if you need any more idias, just let me know..I'm sure I can think of something else if this doesn't work.

Four peas in a pod said...

I already came up with the idea of leaving food in her crib with a toy. Jana vetoed that one!

Hey, and we DO keep her up late! 6:30 - 7:00!

johnna said...

Simply tell her this: First one up on Saturday or Sunday gets to cook breakfast!
;) Grandpa Clark

3dingsandadog said...

Hey...it could be worse. she does sleep through the night, right? She could be getting up every few hours...
And Ps: I agree with Jana. I still do not let Kyleigh eat unless I am up, for fear of choking and she's 8 1/2!

Four peas in a pod said...

I'm with you on that one, Aunt Barbie!

And yes, she generally does sleep through the night, from 7 pm to 6 am with a 1.5-2 hour nap in the afternoon. Can't get much better!

Jana