Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, Ellie!

Our baby turned 3 today and we just can't believe it! We asked her this morning if she just wanted to keep being two, but we couldn't talk her into it! It was quite an exciting day for all of us. Ellie started the morning by finding her new fish waiting on the dining room table. She came up with a list of names, including Pumpkin, Grass, and Miss D (one of her teachers). She finally settled on Blue. At school today, we threw a party for her during snack time and she had a blast. This weekend is her big butterfly party at home.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY GIRL!


Ellie and Blue



Ellie making birthday pancakes, wearing her new apron from Grandma.







The birthday girl at school


Backyardigans cupcakes














7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie looks incredibly happy! She has grown into the sweetest, kindest little girl. My world has changed so much since she came into it. Why is Mimi so lucky?? Because she has two wonderful girls.

I love you so much, Ellie!

Jess(ica) said...

awww~ so cute! I am bummed I missed her bday by one day! Looks like she had tons of fun!

Love the name "blue" for the fish =) that's super cute!

Anonymous said...

make sure when she takes a nap, that she does NOT take the fish to bed with her!!! remember the story of how Dave put his gold fish in bed with him on the pillow...and needless to say when I went in to check on him,the fish did not wake up when nap time was over....!!!!!

3dingsandadog said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe you are 3!!! It seems like I was just holding you as a baby!!! We will talk to you this weekend! We love you!!

Auntie Barbie, Uncle Lee and Kyleigh

Anonymous said...

Lori & Jana,

your girls are adorable! Boy can ellie shake it! Better watch out!!!
Oh, by the way, I have the summer of 11' marked on my calander.

Happy birthday, Ellie.

3dingsandadog said...

by the way...I love the fishes name!

johnna said...

I can't get over how much she reminds me of "Annie" and of course that brings back great memories of high heels clunking down a hardwood hallway...
What a beautiful birthday girl! Take good care of Blue, Ellie. Fish, unlike dogs, do not require that you give them water every day, but they DO need to STAY in the water!
Love, Grandpa Clark