Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas cookies


Ellie and I started our Christmas cookie making process this weekend! Since Lori and I will both be working until Christmas Eve, I try to make cookies ahead of time and freeze them to decorate later. Today we made roll cookies (Rich Roll Cookies recipe from Joy of Cooking - so good!). We decorated a few for goody bags for Lori's friends at work. And we definitely did not eat any dough! :-)





I couldn't find most of my Christmas cookie cutters. We decided that these are our poinsettias!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you what joy it brings me to see her baking cookies!! The only thing that is better is baking cookies with her!!! Tradition lives on!

Jess(ica) said...

Looks like fun! And yummy!! =) Are the cookies egg-free by any chance?

Four peas in a pod said...

You bet they are, Jess! Everything baked in our house is egg free. It's very easy because we use a powdered egg replacer. We've only found a few recipes where it doesn't really work well. Want to come over and try some?? :-)

Anonymous said...

they sure look good...wish I could grab one or two...good to be teaching her while she is young...

Jess(ica) said...

Oh how I wish I could come over and try some!!! Whatever gets me there to see you all again!