Friday, October 17, 2008

Back to the grind

No blogging in two weeks - can you tell I went back to work?!?!

There has been little time for anything during the week except getting ready to go to work/school, dropping the girls off at school, going to work, picking up the girls from school, going home, eating dinner, getting ready for the next day, and going to bed! The mornings and evenings are very busy, but I must say that we all have adjusted well to our new routine. Although I miss the girls terribly during the day, Audrey has adapted to daycare and has bonded well with her head teacher (who was the head teacher when Ellie was in the baby room, too!). I have also adjusted to having a real alarm clock wake me up at 5 am and having to get dressed before noon.

We've also had a little fun these past two weeks! Last weekend my cousin and her two children came to visit from the Boston area. Ellie had such an amazing time with the kids! And then this past week, we had the special treat of getting to see Lori's stepsister and her family while they were in our area for a conference. It was a brief visit but a nice surprise! This weekend we're having a mini-vacation in Pennsylvania - it's only one night but Ellie cannot wait to get to the hotel! She told me that she's bringing her money so she can buy a skirt or candy at the hotel!

Photos from Mimi and Boppa's house....
























Audrey continues to babble all day and she has recently discovered that her tongue can help in the noise-making so here is a one minute video of her trying very hard to talk! It's a little hard to hear her because she's not nearly as loud as all of us laughing at her :-)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This girl really wants to talk. I guess she wants to get her fair share of dinnertime conversation. We had a great time last weekend too!

Jess(ica) said...

I had noticed the postings weren't as frequent... now it makes sense!! The girls are getting so big... I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!!!

3dingsandadog said...

Ellie is getting to be such a big girl! Loved all the pic's. Hope you are all doing well