Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day may be a "Hallmark holiday" to some, but we used it as a great excuse to spoil the girls yesterday! They each woke up to a Valentine's teddy bear and then we started the day with heart-shaped pancakes. Ellie kept calling it our Christmas breakfast and I can only guess it was because she woke to to find a present downstairs!


The sweetest Valentines

After gymnastics, I took Ellie to the dollar store to pick out balloons for Lori and she got to get a hula hoop while we were there, which was probably her favorite thing about the day! After a little hula hoop dancing at home by Ellie and I (a video of which will NEVER appear on this blog), we took the girls for lunch at our favorite local diner.

"Why must you insist on taking me out in public like this, Mama? I'm a baby, not a doll!"

Later in the afternoon Ellie and I made Lori a special dessert, chocolate covered fruit (bananas, pineapple, and strawberries). We had a lot of fun making them and even more fun eating them after Lori's delicious spaghetti dinner!







We hope that you had a nice day with your loved ones as well! Today I hit the clearance sales so we can do it all again next year!

1 comment:

3dingsandadog said...

What a fun day. I can't say ours was that eventful..lol

Ps: I would love to see the hula hoop video, Jana!!!