Thursday, August 16, 2007

Done!

(By JPC)

I took my board exams yesterday and today and, although I have absolutely no idea how I did, they are over! It is nice not to have to study tonight for the first time in a LONG time. The exams were definitely a challenge and now I am faced with the seemingly impossible task of waiting 3-4 months for the results.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and calls today. Most importantly, thanks to Lori and Ellie for tolerating and supporting me during this process. I think Lori was more nervous than I was both mornings :-) I couldn't have done it without you!

Tomorrow I will spend the day with Ellie doing errands and trying to catch up on the rest of my life. While Ellie takes a nap though I plan to lay in bed and read a book that doesn't involve genetics! Lori and I have plans for dinner and a movie tomorrow night while Mimi and Boppa babysit. We rarely get to go out alone or at night so we're very excited! And then it's off to Pennsylvania on Saturday for the night.

My friend (and co-worker) took us all out for a celebratory drink this afternoon. She went through this process herself a few years ago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! You can finally return to your REAL life!!! I know you have missed it, and we have missed you. Welcome back!

3dingsandadog said...

Congrats! I'm sure you are relieved it is all over! Have a great and relaxing weekend! You deserve it!!

Barb